– Lovely example with a nice patina
– Delivered new in England (RHD)
– New carpets, new Nardi steering wheel,..
– Older restoration (90s)
– Belgian registration
– Lancia Certificate
The Lancia Aurelia B20
The Italian economy recovered slowly after WOII; and Jano’s Aurelia (B10) design was quite the revolutionary thing back in 1949. The combination of luxury, power, looks and presence were really something! The first car with a mass produced full alloy V6 engine, in board brakes, monocoque construction and a very slick, aerodynamic design.
Pinin Farina took care of the coupe design – called B20 – resulting in the first ever use of the GT or Gran Turismo name! The Aurelia was very successful with privateers in motor racing. In 1951 a stock Aurelia finished 2nd in the legendary Mille Miglia race!
During the 8 years of production, the Aurelia underwent many updates, so called Series. In these, the Serie 4 is recognized as the biggest evolution because of the de Dion suspension and more powerful engine. The Aurelia was a succes in England as well, despite being more expensive than a Bentley at the time!
Lord March even said: “Definitely one of my favorite cars of all time!”
Our Aurelia B20 GT 250
The series 4 we’re offering is equipped with the upgraded suspension and the more powerful 2.5 V6 delivering 118hp. They built 573 examples in 1954, over a total of 3001 Aurelia’s.
This particular one was restored in the 90s and is finished in a beautiful baby blue called Azzuro Agnano-Celeste. The interior was redone in the Oatmeal colored ‘Panno nocciola’ with a tan piping and rubber floormats. The classic wooden Nardi steering wheel is the finishing touch, but the original wheel comes with the car!
It starts immediately delivering a beautiful sonorous V6 burble..
This is an opportunity to own a legendary Lancia, a beautiful GT that is eligible for most classic rally’s and events!
Construction: 30 novembre 1954
Testdrive: 12 januari 1955
Complete: 13 januari 1955
1: Douglas Abercrombie – Essex; UK
2: Talon Engineering – London; UK
3: Valkenswaard – The Netherlands
4: Current owner – Belgium